The Unfortunate Skeleton is a minor NPC introduced some time around the most recent Halloween Event. The player's first encounter with him is in a randomly determined Construction Site, where the Skeleton is seen wearing a hard hat and being attacked by strange, aggressive flying bricks. If you talk to him, he'll ask you for assistance, which initiates a quest that can be completed in three ways. After the quest is complete, you can find him in various construction-themed areas, where he buys and sells various tools and safety equipment in exchange for Skelecoins, which can be used for trade with most Undead merchants.
Quest: "Unfortunate Skeleton: Brick Assault" Edit
This quest is relatively simple and can be completed in any of three ways, each offering different rewards.
- If the player gives the Skeleton an item to defend himself with, such as armor or a shield, he offers his Hard Hat in return.
- If the player fends off the bricks for 15 seconds but doesn't defeat all of them, the Skeleton will run off elsewhere and leave a heavily damaged umbrella behind, which can be repaired with a high enough Crafting skill.
- If the player manages to defeat all of the bricks within 15 seconds or cause them to stop attacking the Skeleton, the Skeleton will give them 20 Skelecoins.
The first option can be completed alongside the third one. It is unknown whether this is a bug or a game feature.
- Upon further dialogue with the Unfortunate Skeleton, it is revealed that he doesn't know what his name is, but he thinks it might be Dave.
- If no other music is playing around the Skeleton, "Spooky Scary Skeletons" can be heard playing at a low volume.